Terrain on Low Settings is Blurred after Beta Update

Haydenmango

It was actually not working right before. Now it is working correctly. It only uses one global texture to cover the terrain, so there is no clipmap rendering and it will go faster.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It was actually not working right before. Now it is working correctly. It only uses one global texture to cover the terrain, so there is no clipmap rendering and it will go faster.

Hmm.. that's unfortunate. The terrain on low settings didn't look good but it was playable (and increased my fps) before but now I can't see it being used for anything. Oh well, I guess this isn't a bug then.

Does the shader "Shaders\Terrain\terrain_lowres.shader" compile without errors?

It says "Failed to link shader." after it - not sure what that means but I checked that the file exists and it does.

Loading shader "C:/Users/Tom/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/test1/Shaders/Terrain/stamp.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Users/Tom/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/test1/Shaders/Terrain/updatenormals.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Users/Tom/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/test1/Shaders/Terrain/clear.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Users/Tom/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/test1/Shaders/Terrain/clipmap.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Users/Tom/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/test1/Shaders/Terrain/terrain.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Users/Tom/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/test1/Shaders/Terrain/terrain_lowres.shader"...
Failed to link shader.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

Not sure yet. I do want this for reflection renders, but I might add a "very high" quality setting and shift everything up by one so the old "low quality" would now be "medium".

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I get this

error(#277) Symbol "texturerange" usage doesn't match between two stages

error(#275) Symbol "texturerange" is defined with 2 different types between two stages

error(#277) Symbol "texturerange" usage doesn't match between two stages

error(#275) Symbol "texturerange" is defined with 2 different types between two stages

edit:created new project. Terrain is fine. Don't know why it does this. Guess I'll start over.

post-12583-0-23568300-1442512134.gif

---

Scott

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Core I7-2700K @ 4312mhz/24G RAM/Nvidia GTX 1060