Really Need Realistic Water

Guest Red Ocktober

Guest Red Ocktober

hey Josh... i've given it a try, but so far, no luck getting the water shader to paint my moving water... the old tuts are no longer relevant to the new code...

i really can't spend any more time on this one aspect of the game, and a flat ocean is not gonna make it, so i may have to jump ship and settle for less than the great lighting i've been able to get in LW as i've gotta get this game out the door as of yesterday...

any idea when/if this'll be put back in... (or maybe some code example that just shows the water shader painting any mesh)...

thx

--Mike

I'd start with the refraction toturial in the Resources section (Community->Resources->Leadwerk Resources) and then see if you can hack it together with the current water shader (the tutorial in the wiki for rendering water should help).

AMD Phenom 9850 (X4 2.5GHz) | 1066MHz CL5 GEIL Black Dragon (800MHz) | Powercolor ATI 4870 1GB | DFI 790FXB-M2RSH | 24" 1920x1200 | Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate

If I were making your game, I would go ahead and complete the rest of it, and wait for new water. We'll have it implemented within six months. In the meantime, it won't affect your project much, since a submerged submarine would not get tossed around by waves. By the time you are near finishing, you'll be able to add the FFT water.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I think what this thread shows us is an actual roadmap as many have asked. I used to say it was useless, but seeing how the major feature requests never get implemented (although always "within the year" or "shortly"), I think a roadmap would be great. Not precise, far from it. But at least tell us what is being worked on. We've had "shortly" responses for GI, Ocean, OpenGL3, network updates, vegetation collision, documentation, but so far got improved lighting and a new SSAO shader.

I think Josh's point in creating the project is that the engine has a nice set of features, and no fully playable game has been completed entirely.

I think he wants to see what the community can do to produce a stunning game by working with him and his engine, and provide something that will benefit everyone in all time to come.

Once you have a working codebase for a game layer, focusing all your time on bugs and new features becomes rudimentary, not to mention all the improvements that will come about during the progression of the game project.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

It's all stuff I am implementing anyways. This gives us something to work towards in the long run, for anyone that wants to participate. I am just going to set up the basics and let the community run with it.

I'm also having a lot of artwork drafted to give people something to play with.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.