Navmesh generation option : size of square polygons

YouGroove

Hi,

I was trying navmesh and AI and i fond that path calculation is based on vertex.

The problem is withing open areas the squares polys of navmesh can be too big for some small to medium maps, and the character will take a long path to reach the player :

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/11959-gotopoint-shorter-path/

Could it be possible to have a new option on navmesh generation to tell the size of the squares we want to be generated ?

nav3.jpg

Stop toying and make games

Seem like there is something weird with your map. I increased the size but still get pretty neatly generated navmesh. Is there any reason why you would want to increase the size of the square polys?

post-4357-0-19152300-1423833177_thumb.jpg

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

YouGroove, that looks like the old thing that was happening. I recall Josh fixing this so it looks more like Olby's pictures. You are sure you have updated your project to the most current version? If you have then post the project for Josh in a bug report.

If i use Navmesh edge lentght = 50 , i have similar results as Olby, he has cubes pattern also for the navmesh.

Edge lenght don't change square polygon size, it just change how much vertex you will have around objects.

nav50.jpg

The idea was be able to choose the size of the base squares generated.

It's a suggestion only, having the character going somewhat far away and switching to simple forward move when the player is on the line of sight is a solution meanwhile.

Stop toying and make games