Newbie Pointers

Kona

Hello, I just recently purchased Leadwerks Indie Edition and am very pleased with my purchase!

Although I am inexperienced with a lot of the aspects of the program.( I have some basic experience with some CAD software)I have always had the motivation to make games and I feel Leadwerks is the perfect tool for me to learn how/motivate me!

I need some help though, I have only the slightest clue at where should I start.

I have some basic programming experience though I never got around to trying lua.

If someone could help give me some pointers on what programs I need to help get started creating games and what I should be learning to do first that would be very awesome!

I have Blender and GIMP 2, I know its probably a lot to explain what I need but I will happily accept any tutorials that people found helpful.

All in all I just would like an idea as to where I should start.

Any help is appreciated!

(sorry if I posted in the wrong spot, im new to the forum :( )

Hi,

You should start learning Lua basic examples in LE3 , C++ is more complicated if you never used it.

For Blender :

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/9165-blender-tutorial-links/page__hl__blender+tutorial

For textures i recommend you to start with CGTextures.com using ready to use tileable ones, than extract normal map and spec map using some tool like CrayBump or Bitmap2Material.

Stop toying and make games

I recommend as a newbie myself, to make folders in within your Prefab folder, and make different building blocks like floors and walls to use to make structures, depending on what sort of game you hope to create.

It's made my life easier and its much more simple to just click on a floor tile or wall and coat it with a material than creating a new one every time.

Good luck!