Shadow map bug report

tjheldna

I've managed to reproduce the crash and recieved a number of error messages when switching maps. The main one in question is the shadow map one.

The main factors include:

- 1 complex prefab with many entities as children. excess of 200 children made up of models mainly and shape hints for collision.

- A map with a number of instances of this prefab saved.

- Exit the world once the instances of the prefab are saved in this case I opened the created prefab.

- Reload the original map and the error occurs.

As Rick said lighting/shadowing isn't the same after for any map in the project after the crash occurs.

Let me know if you need any more info.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

OK Here is a sample project, it crashes for me with the below steps. The prefab I've made is complete rubbish, but it still simulates the building block pieces we are using to create a house.

NB Due to the nature of this crash it only happens once per project so if you want to recreate the error again, you need to delete and unzip.

Steps to crash:

- Load start.map

- Load breakMe.pfb

- Load start.map again - should receive error message.

enjoy =)

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

• 1 month later...

I am dumbfounded by this error. Is there anything peculiar this map does that I should be looking for? It's causing a random crash in the driver.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It's the prefab itself. Simply loading that causes something really bad I can't explain.

The prefab appears to contain about 2000 entities.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi Josh,

This is a random test map just designed to crash and serves no purpose other than that. I rigged the level so it should crash when opened.

It's not a functional level as such, it's more stress testing to try to see what is possible as what we plan to do is a pretty reasonable scale, and in doing so I thought I came across an issue in the engine which is this crash. The way we were creating houses is totally different now and not in little pieces, where I came across the issue.

Cheers