Invisible Barriers

I am running into invisible barriers while playing my game. I checked the area around where the invisible barriers show up but there is nothing there. I tried hiding all objects near the invisible barrier to see if they were the cause but it made no difference. I tried using Debug Physics Mode but the physics for the invisible barrier doesn't show. I can't seem to find any reason for why this is happening. I don't want to post my map to the public but I can send it to Josh if it helps.

I encountered this issue in the past. It looks like on the left that some scene objects are parented to other objects. Could this be the issue?

From my experience, whenever you parent a scene object with physics to another object with physics, the child object inherits some of the physics characteristics of the parent like shape for instance, but this relationship isn't displayed using debug physics.

Anyway, do you know if this is what's causing this issue? Do you parent objects with physics to other objects with different physics shapes/sizes?

Ok so I went through all the objects in my world and found that some of my objects had children with physics shapes, after changing those objects to make the parents have the physics shape the invisible barriers went away! That makes me assume that when the game started the parent actually inherited its childs physics shape which led to giant invisible barriers. Thanks nick.ace!

So it isn't a bug but it is something to look out for!

I found that the issue only really occurs with this model so here you go -

example.zip

You can place the map and the model into the MyGame Project and it should run. Walk towards the model and you will hit the invisible barrier, click P to turn on Debug Physics Mode and you won't see the invisible barrier.