Fog effect

Rick

I have a feeling you'd like this for the Halloween tournament too. Would be great if it was adjustable so you could make it thicker or thinner at will but anything to start would be nice.

The only amateur thing I can think of at the moment is drawing a transparent white rectangle over the entire screen, which doesn't look realistic.

Nah shadmar's one you linked to, that was the one I was talking about with it needing to be applied to every shader. I thought there was a post processing one out there that doesn't require that? I've used this one before but it has some visual strangeness compared to one that is done on the entire scene after it's drawn (post processing).

ah klepto's looks like it's a post processor. Am I correct in thinking that?

How do you use klepto's script there? I set the 50_PP_klepto_fog.lua in the Post Effects, but the Script:Render function doesn't seem to ever get called when I put a break point in it and run the game.

I placed the shader in the right spot and Script:Start() gets called fine.

[edit]

Would love to know the settings you use on this.

Here are the settings for fog. I found them on the workshop under the post process shaders pack.

50_fog

camera:SetKeyValue("fog_fogrange","0,1000")

camera:SetKeyValue("fog_fogcolor","0.72,0.73,0.67,1.0")

camera:SetKeyValue("fog_fogangle","5,21")