How to make a Landslide!

Gard

Hello to all ..

I'm having a big problem. I wonder, how can I do something like this image:

I am currently testing various engines, and downloaded the version of the Evaluation Kit 2.3. In the project I want to develop, I use a lot of these types of landslide. Is there a way to create it, own terrain on the engine? Or do I have to create a separate mesh? How can I do?

Thanks to all...

You could for example make a big mesh, which has a convex physics body, and then scroll the texture while the physics body moves, so that the texture slides "faster" than the actual body. Also make the mesh go inside the terrain, so that there are no gaps:

Ferguson-slide.jpg

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I think you can do dynamic land slides with some rock models and using the physic engine in LE.

I make static ones in 3dmax with some rock models and use Reactor (physics in 3dmax) to drop them on a mesh. Same applies to all kind of rubble. :)

It's quite easy.

EDIT:

The big slide on your shot could be done with a terrain texture. The road would look like its under the terrain and can be covered with some bigger rocks.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

hahaha...sorry guys forgot to show the image..hehe

I want create something like this:

http://www.portalsousas.com.br/_upload/rteImages/12122009133.jpg

and this:

http://www.defesacivil.pr.gov.br/arquivos/Image/FOTOS/6%20COREDEC/Tunas%20do%20Parana/deslisamento.jpg

They will not be animated. Then i do not need animate the texture, or use physics...

The big problem is, i can used tile texture for models?? Which parameter or command, i used for this??

thanks for help guys, and sorry may bad english... :)

This isn't really a technical problem, unless I misunderstand you. It seems like more of an art problem of just making your texture and terrain look good. You can map a texture layer vertically on the terrain, for steep surfaces. Then add some small rocks to make it look more detailed.

Here's a quick test:

post-1-12652148569144_thumb.jpg

Here's the scene:

landslide.zip

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'd create a mesh and use a parallax shader on that, which we have. It's not a good idea to run parallax shading on the whole terrain, due to the enormous number of texture lookups this would require.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.