[Linux,Steam] Compiling C++ project fails

Guppy

/home/morten/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Leadwerks||No such file or directory|
Game||No such file or directory|
Engine/Library/Linux/Debug/Leadwerks.a||No such file or directory|
/home/morten/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Leadwerks||No such file or directory|
Game||No such file or directory|
Engine/Library/Linux/libluajit.a||No such file or directory|
||=== Build finished: 6 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds) ===|

It's completely new project I just created, just to make sure i also created a c++ project in the stand alone and the compiles just fine.

I can't see anything in the projects files to explain it;

(compiletest is standard, Cppandluatest is steam)

$ diff compiletest/Projects/Linux/compiletest.cbp Cppandluatest/Projects/Linux/Cppandluatest.cbp
5c5
< <Option title="compiletest" />
---
> <Option title="Cppandluatest" />
10c10
<	 <Option output="../../compiletest.debug" prefix_auto="0" extension_auto="0" />
---
>	 <Option output="../../Cppandluatest.debug" prefix_auto="0" extension_auto="0" />
25,26d24
<	 <Add library="pthread" />
<	 <Add library="X11" />	
27a26
>	 <Add library="../../libsteam_api.so" />
31c30
<	 <Option output="../../compiletest" prefix_auto="0" extension_auto="0" />
---
>	 <Option output="../../Cppandluatest" prefix_auto="0" extension_auto="0" />
45,46d43
<	 <Add library="pthread" />
<	 <Add library="X11" />
47a45
>	 <Add library="../../libsteam_api.so" />
51c49
<	 <Variable name="LeadwerksPath" value='"/home/morten/Leadwerks"' />
---
>	 <Variable name="LeadwerksPath" value='"/home/morten/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Leadwerks Game Engine"' />
64a63
> <Add option="-D__STEAM__" />

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

This problem affects all linux users, but std. edition can avoid it by not installing into a directory with spaces - with steam how ever we've little choice as it gets installed into "~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Leadwerks Game Engine"

Anyway fixing that by replacing $(LeadwerksPath) from the -l options with the actual path fixes that but now the problem becomes;

/usr/bin/ld: /home/morten/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Leadwerks Game Engine/Library/Linux/Debug/Leadwerks.a(Thread.o)||undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.2.5'|

or more concisely:

"pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.2.5"

(again this problem doesn't occur in std. edition)

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

I changed the default install directory to just plain "Leadwerks" and added the pthread and X11 libraries in the project template linker settings. You will need to reinstall Leadwerks for it to go in the new directory, as it will not change until then.

Thanks.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.