Hello,

I didn't use the Leadwerks Editor for some time and just wanted to get started again, but suddenly I get everywhere this EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION message.

In short: Sometimes, when I drag'n'drop a material onto an object, always when I open any map and even when I just click on File->New or Ctrl+N, I get this error message.

It worked some time ago before the updates to version 3.2 (and maybe even 3.1, not sure). I tried to delete all data and to reinstall, reboot, whatever, but it didn't help.

My specs are:

Intel Core i7-3517U

Intel HD4000

8 GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64bit

The Intel HD4000 is fully capable of DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.

Thanks for any advice,

shiMusa

PS: I have no problem using Visual Studio and C++

I tried the demo: Same error. I updated the graphics driver: same result. angry.png

In the log-window, the last lines before the crash are

for File->New: .../directionallight.tex

for loading 01-Introduction.map: Camera.tex

for loading 02-... : floorplates_spec.tex

for loading 03-... : gatevertical_frame.mdl

for loading 04-... : generic.mdl

for loading 05-... : default.shader

etc.

Maybe a leadwerks developer can use this information...

PS: Drag'n'droping materials works most of the time, but i.e. dirt01.mat crashes...

Unfortunately without a way to reliably reproduce this, there is no way for me to investigate the problem. I will keep an eye out for anything like what you will describe.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I get this from trying to runa compiled level. When clicking the exe file on my desktop, the error pops up. Hopefully there is a solution for that somewhere and Im just not seeing it. Help would be appreciated.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

• 1 month later...