Suggestion for Tutorial

damvcoool

I would like to know if there are any tutorials coming up that show how to make a game from start to finish (something simple) that could take about 1 or 2 hours to make.

I am still new to the GameDev stuff, so I would like to see something like:

Create a Game first screen (like the main menu)

Enter the game, and do something (like enter a room, grab a key, open door)

Game End, once the objective is complete to show how to end a game, like sending the user to the main menu or some credits.

There are different ways to do what you are asking. Someone could do all of this straight in the App file (Lua or C++) or one could use the flowgraph and entity scripts to do this. Those are really the 2 main ways to do something.

@gamecreator, it think Lua, but C++ should good as well, the point is to make a Start to Finish, the details as how to do it can be up to the Tutorial Maker ;)

@Rick, if there are multiple ways to this then I believe a good thing to do would be to do first the one that would be better to Total newbies (like me), and then if there is time to spare do the other ways.

I have been thinking about the next tutorial series where a complete game is being created. Nothing to fancy really, but featuring several interesting game play mechanics.

It is pretty much a simple puzzle game were you go from one room to another. Introducing small gameplay mechanics in each room. Eveything is programmed and designed in the video, so that people can watch the entire process. That includes sound, textures and level editing.

• Upvote 3

@Aggror : Sounds like just the thing for me, at least, to get me going. I, for one, would appreciate the effort very much. :)

Ubuntu 14.04 / 64bit. Dell XPS430, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 4Gb Ram, Radeon HD 6670, Leadwerks Pro edition (Steam).