Polishing up the script editor.

DerRidda

I really, really don't like working with the script editor under Linux while it is as gimped as it is.

I frankly don't understand why most features aren't implemented. I remember Josh said it had something to do with Scintilla in GTK2 but it supports that and their demonstrative screenshot shows Scintilla under Ubuntu with all the features intact. (See: http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEImage.html)

Being stuck without line numbering and without a monospace (I like monospace for coding) font with adjustable font size makes that editor annoying to use for me.

Please work on improving it.

I have some code that might be able to do this. I don't know for sure yet if it will work, which is why I haven't said anything yet.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 months later...

Any news on this?

It really makes Leadwerks under Linux a pain to work with at the moment.

An error in your script that makes the game crash? Don't worry, there's a line number.

But on Linux we don't get to see them, there's Go to but that just scrolls you to it and you still have to eyeball which line it is exactly, which is especially bad for lines at the end of the script where scrolling isn't even happening anymore.

If you have some code ready, now's as good a time as any to put it into the Linux beta on Steam.

Yay! Fully featured editor is in now! Good job, klepto2.

In case Josh missed this in Steam and for everybody else:

Your current config for Leadwerks on Linux probably misses some editor settings and thus you won't see the new features. Rename/delete your old config in "~/.config/leadwerks" and let Leadwerks create a new default config to get the fully featured editor.

(Or add the specific options manually if you know what they are.)

The last thing I want to see now is the script editor options being visible in the options dialog under Linux again.

They were removed shortly after the initial release because of the missing features, since that problem is solved now that reasoning has become obsolete.

• Upvote 1