OpenGL version 431

GLSL version 430

Device: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Radeon R7 260X 2GB

8GB DDR3 RAM

Intel Core i5 750

I am using the standalone version.

Thank you.

This is very strange. Would you mind trying this utility to patch MyGame.exe and MyGame.debug.exe and see if that changes your result?:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

The other thing I can do is use DXT compression on all the textures, which it currently is not doing. Still, you are nowhere near the memory limit so that doesn't make much sense. And textures don't even get stored persistently in memory.

Can you give me the whole program log? It's located in C:/Users/(username)/AppData/Local/Leadwerks. I don't believe there should be any 16 mb textures in the project anyways.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

This is very strange. Would you mind trying this utility to patch MyGame.exe and MyGame.debug.exe and see if that changes your result?:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

The other thing I can do is use DXT compression on all the textures, which it currently is not doing. Still, you are nowhere near the memory limit so that doesn't make much sense. And textures don't even get stored persistently in memory.

Can you give me the whole program log? It's located in C:/Users/(username)/AppData/Local/Leadwerks. I don't believe there should be any 16 mb textures in the project anyways.

The crash is actually occuring inside the editor, not the game. Do you still want me to test the patch tool? Here is the log:

Initializing OpenGL4 graphics driver...

OpenGL version 431

GLSL version 430

Device: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Materials/Common/bfn.tex"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Editor/terraintool.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Editor/wireframe.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Editor/solid.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Model/default.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Editor/grid.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Lighting/ambientlight.shader"...

Loading font "C:/Windows/Fonts/Arial.ttf"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Drawing/drawtext.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Drawing/drawprimitive.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Editor/skybox.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Misc/occlusionquery.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Model/Shadow/shadow.shader"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Lighting/directionallight.shader"...

Loading material "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Materials/Icons/directionallight.mat"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/shaders/editor/sprite.shader"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Materials/Icons/directionallight.tex"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Shaders/Lighting/directionallight.shader"...

Deleting material "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Materials/Icons/directionallight.mat"

Deleting shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/shaders/editor/sprite.shader"

Deleting texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/Materials/Icons/directionallight.tex"

Loading material "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretefloor.mat"...

Loading shader "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/shaders/model/diffuse+normal+specular.shader"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretefloor_diff.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretefloor_dot3.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretefloors_spec.tex"...

Loading material "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretewallfull.mat"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretewallfull_diff.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretewallfull_dot3.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretewallfull_spec.tex"...

Loading material "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty.mat"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_diff.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_dot3.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_spec.tex"...

Loading material "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretewalllarge.mat"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretewalllarge_diff.tex"...

Loading texture "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretewalllarge_dot3.tex"...

dwerks/Projects/MyGame/materials/concrete/concretewalllarge_dot3.tex"...

Failed to allocate memory block of size 16777216

I am currently updating Leadwerks, maybe the last update fixed this problem.

Can you please try updating your project? Do this by going to the File > Project Manager menu item and then pressing the "Update" button.

The memory block size there is equal to 2048x2048x4, which is an uncompressed 2048x2048 texture. The texture has been compressed in DXT1 format and is now only 5 mb. It is clear from your log above you are loading the old bigger file which requires a large block of contiguous memory.

The Leadwerks updater says everything is up to date, as well as the project manager:

---------------------------

Leadwerks Editor

All files up to date.

OK

I noticed that only the concrete texture "concretefloor_x.tex" is compressed, all others show up as uncompressed. It is still crashing with the same error and the same log.

In the next build, we are allocating a single block of memory for this purpose. So unless I hear otherwise I will consider this solved. Thanks.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.