flatten terrain

Rick

I'm wondering what commands I would look into for flattening terrain. I'm thinking in terms of say an RPG if I want to place a building on uneven terrain that I would be able to flatten the area around the building so it's level on the ground. Has anyone tried something like this?

SetTerrainHeight( terrain:TTerrain, x, y, height# ) seems odd to me. Why x & y? Wouldn't it be x & z?

I'm picturing find all the x & z points in the terrain that the object would be placed on. Then maybe pick the "middle" point and set all the surrounding heights to that so they are all the same height?

Yup, hardest part (and it's not that hard) is converting the world space coordinates to the grid position SetTerrainHeight expects. You just have to know the terrain size and resolution and that 0,0 is the center of the terrain. Is the current size/resolution available? I seem to remember a post that said something about it, but I'm old and my memory don't work any betterer than my talk does.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender