How to make skycube

YouGroove

A sky for the whole level in fact.

LE3 have a skycube map and material in the skycube folder, hwo to use them to put a sky on the leve instead of black background ?

Nothing in LE3 manuel or getting started docs.

Normally you would draw the inverted cube first and then the level ( when writing your own "engine" ) - you should be able to achive the same in leadwerks by simply putting you level inside a massive cube.

But I seem to recall that the new way of doing this was with post processing? http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/gallery_legacy/_/skybox-and-fog-as-a-postprocess-r285

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

- you should be able to achive the same in leadwerks by simply putting you level inside a massive cube.

Not cool , for big levels you'l lhave to make a big skycube then, and in edit mode have camera near enought all objects.

I'll give it a try.

Stop toying and make games

Not cool , for big levels you'l lhave to make a big skycube then, and in edit mode have camera near enought all objects.

I'll give it a try.

I agree completely - it's a horrible hack, but it beats no background. Maybe give klepto2 a poke and see if he released his shader?

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

The most simple way that I found to quickly get a skybox.

Create four separate brush cubes enclosing the scene.

Apply the skybox material to each cube.The cubes can overlap each other, no seams show.

I am using the word cube here in a generic fashion, The cubes can be rectangular as well. They do not need to be the same in height and width. You just need to enclose your scene by overlapping the brushes (cubes)

Assets /Materials / Sky / skybox_texture.mat

The skybox_texture.mat uses the sky.shader.

I would imagine there are better ways with manual scripting or the postprocess shader that appears to be coming down the pipe but the above is so much better than black.

The reason we don't have a "skybox" setting is because this is being added through the post-process system. However, the editor only supports shader-based post-processing effects right now, not script-based ones. The reason for this is complicated, but when script post-processing effects are added in the editor, it will allow you to just add an effect, choose a texture, and it will appear.

The advantage to this is that it provides a much more versatile sky system, rather than just a simple skybox with no options.