Map file version 24 not supported

Zeirus

Your project just needs to be updated. Open File > Project manager and it will show you if the project has newer files available.

it didn't help.

even if i create a simple map by myself and trying to run it. it gives me an error 'Map file version 24 not supported.'..

Your project just needs to be updated. Open File > Project manager and it will show you if the project has newer files available.

Nothing. Even after updating the project, the error persists.

Maybe it has to do with the installation path different from the standard? My path is "D: \ Leadwerks \ ..."

post-7630-0-30821900-1396711095_thumb.png

Hi, Got some problems also when I got Leadwerks for windows today:

1. When I got all the files (Got the standalone version, and got it today). Tried to launch the editor, and got error that I did not have VS2013 installed (I had VS2008 that I'm using with Irrlicht). So got to MS and installed MS Visual Studio Express 2013 and then the editor launched.

2. The icon on the desktop point to a wrong path "program files\leadwerks\editor" The leadwerks executable is directly in the leadwerks path. There is no "editor" path. Quickly fixed this by changing the path.

3. Loading example map work, but when I first try to "run" it it gave me "map file version 22 not supported". Then I save the file and try again, this time the error is "map file version 24 is not supported".

EDIT: Checked with the first Tutorial on C++ to load the default C++ project and build it.

This work, and the map loading went fine this time. Then I loaded back the editor with this new project and edited the default map. Editor seem to work fine once I compile a project with MSVC.

There is something wrong with the provided "MYGame" executable that do not like the map format.

Seem also to fail with a new .LUA project. Perhaps the provided .exe for this is also in problem.

EDIT2:I did some kind of hack by replacing the .exe with the ones I compiled. Was able to run the maps this time with only 1 error: "Asset map value is different". But I was seeing the truck.

@Josh, perhaps you could check for the .exe that were used as reference. I'm not sure they are good with this distribution.

If you want to check, compiled 2 new exe for the "myGame" exes. Just rename your old .exe in your project folder and use theses one. It worked for me.

Here is the files:

• Upvote 1

@Josh, I am running the stand alone version. Tried moving the installed files to the C:, removed files and did an install to the C:, and then tried a clean install. Also tried to install VC++ 2013 that was mentioned earlier, but none of these have worked. Always get the version 22 not suported when trying to run tutorial files or new projects.

I fixed the Windows installer so that:

• The shortcut points to the correct path.
  • The OpenAL and VS2013 redistributable get silently installed.

You can re-download it now.

Still investigating the map version problem.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Somehow a very old build of the interpreter was uploaded to the templates folder. ohmy.png

All fixed now. smile.png Just run the updater and it will patch it for you.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes, just re-download the updater from the original link you received. That part I can't patch automatically.

Thanks for pointing it out.