Problem updating projects

A few weeks back i couldn't update a project, and kept getting error messages from the project manager saying something about lua. Eventually i just manually deleted the project folder to get it to create a new one, and everything worked fine until i need to update again today, where i'm getting "Failed to copy file '$PROJECT NAME.debug.exe' to project directory." as an error.

Anyone know what's going on? Any help is greatly appreciated. Using Steam indie edition if it matters.

Edit: maybe worth noting this is the basic "MyGame" project folder. I'm about to create a new project but i won't know if it updates properly until the next update. Chances are it will have the same problem.

Thanks for your quick response.

"Copying "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks Indie Edition/Templates/Lua/$PROJECT_NAME.debug.exe" to "C:/Users/ben/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/MyGame.debug.exe"...

Error: Failed to copy file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks Indie Edition/Templates/Lua/$PROJECT_NAME.debug.exe" to "C:/Users/ben/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/MyGame.debug.exe".

Copying "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks Indie Edition/Templates/Lua/$PROJECT_NAME.debug.exe" to "C:/Users/ben/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/MyGame.debug.exe"...

Error: Failed to copy file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks Indie Edition/Templates/Lua/$PROJECT_NAME.debug.exe" to "C:/Users/ben/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/MyGame/MyGame.debug.exe".

And both the PROJECT_NAME.debug.exe files in the steam directory and the users folder are not set to read only.

If you close the project manager and look at the program log at the bottom of the main window, it will have a more detailed error message that include the destination file. Can you please post that, and make sure that "MyGame.debug.exe" in the project folder is not read-only?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 month later...

I can't do anything about programs that change the behavior of Windows. Leadwerks is compliant with the Windows permissions system. I suggest complaining to Comodo.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.