(Fixed) Issues importing / using assets (Treeleaves)

Mordred

Hello fellow Leadwerkers,

i have some issues importing a tree, especially the leaves are my problem. If i use Blend mode: Solid i see white markings arround the leaves, but if i use "Alpha" the leaves are "see through", so i can see stuff that's behind the leaves and that should'nt be visible at all. Any hints on how to fix that?

Looks like that:

Banana_tree_zpsd5fda78a.png

P.S. How do i add a correct shape (file) to an importet tree to get collision working right?

Thanks in advance for your support!

I can't help you for alpha shader.

For tree collision like lot of games, just choose "Cylinder collision" as shape in physic tab.

You only need player and bullets to collide with the trunck of the tree.

If the trunck is complicated and nto vertical, on your 3D modeler export as FBX the trunck only and generate a file physics for your complete tree ( trunck + leaves)

Stop toying and make games

Thanks for your quick answer YouGroove,

problem about the physics is, i have no clue on how to make graphics in any program at all, i tried a lil bit messing with blender but didn't really got into it. So i bought the Tropical package from Arteria3D. I thought that, since the option is there, it's enough to rescale the model, build a "shape file" from the resized model and attach it to the item in the scene, but that didn't do anything at all as it seems.

Well, actually, i just found out how it works.

For e.g. if you have a rock placed, just make a "shape file" of type "convex hull" out of the model (us the assets browser, rightclick the model, one of the last options to do so). Attach that file to the model in the scene tab under "Physics" and viola!

Now it's just the issue with the colors.

Okay, with a bit trial n error i was able to get arround my other problem too.

In case someone else might have this issue i gonna write down the solution :)

Instead of using the standart "diffuse" shader, i had to attach the "sprite.shader" onto the material. After doing so it worked yay!

...have some issues importing a tree, especially the leaves are my problem. If i use Blend mode: Solid i see white markings arround the leaves, but if i use "Alpha" the leaves are "see through", so i can see stuff that's behind the leaves and that should'nt be visible at all. Any hints on how to fix that?

Perhaps the alpha channel of the texture is not set properly, can you post the picture? You should use alpha. Perhaps the texture is made like that. Looking at it quickly in Photoshop would reveal what is happening. Do you have parameters for the alpha blend mode?

• Upvote 1