Multiple Flowgraph tabs

nate066

It would be awesome if you could have multiple tabs(Unlimited) in the flowgraph editor each one being separate from each other. That way you could change part of you game without destroying every flowgraph connection when you delete or change a script.

• Upvote 3

I think changing a script shouldn't kill the connections unless you removed a specific connection. If I change the script but don't touch the input/output then it should leave the flowgraph connections alone. If I add input/output's, then modify the node to show that, but leave the existing connections.

I agree that multiple tabs would be nice (and let us name the tabs), but I would more want that to organize my flowgraphs

I think changing a script shouldn't kill the connections unless you removed a specific connection. If I change the script but don't touch the input/output then it should leave the flowgraph connections alone. If I add input/output's, then modify the node to show that, but leave the existing connections.

I agree that multiple tabs would be nice (and let us name the tabs), but I would more want that to organize my flowgraphs

Why not have organization and multiple flowgraph tabs :)

Yeah, what I meant to say was having multiple tabs which would act as a way to organize stuff. For example I could name a tab "cut-scene 1" and just put some cut-scene 1 stuff in there, or "inventory system". Then if we could copy/paste tabs between maps (I think flowgraphs are by map) that would be cool!

• Upvote 1