[Steam] Won't launch Leadwerks

Hi I bought Leadwerks Indie Edition on steam and would really like to use it but when I click launch, it does the starting/launching thing Steam always does with anything, then nothing happens. In my processes Leadwerks.exe appears but nothing pops up on my screen and I'm unable to do anything with the program. I tried launching the exe manually outside of Steam but to no avail.

I posted here instead of on the Steam forum because I believe in this engine and don't want to accidentally spread any word of an issue like this lol, Any help is appreciated.

I have a feeling it can't find the default project. I had something like this happen in testing once.

In your "Documents" folder

Is there a Leadwerks\Projects\MyGame folder?

If not I guess create a Leadwerks\Projects folder.

Go into your steam Leadwerks install directory and copy the MyGame folder into the Leadwerks\Projects folder

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

I have a feeling it can't find the default project. I had something like this happen in testing once.

In your "Documents" folder

Is there a Leadwerks\Projects\MyGame folder?

If not I guess create a Leadwerks\Projects folder.

Go into your steam Leadwerks install directory and copy the MyGame folder into the Leadwerks\Projects folder

While it was missing some files, thats a no and still doesn't open :(. Any other ideas?

While it was missing some files, thats a no and still doesn't open sad.png. Any other ideas?

Have you tried validating the files through steam. To Validate the files right click on leadwerks in steam, Then Goto property, Next go in local files tab and select verify integrity of local cache files.

Have you tried validating the files through steam. To Validate the files right click on leadwerks in steam, Then Goto property, Next go in local files tab and select verify integrity of local cache files.

Yes and I fixed the problem myself (not really but I sped-up the process) It needed to generate the files into the MyGame thing in Documents, so I copied that there before trying to fix but it just needed to validate it and I was impatient lol.

For anyone reading this, if it doesn't appear starting up first time just wait.

Yes and I fixed the problem myself (not really but I sped-up the process) It needed to generate the files into the MyGame thing in Documents, so I copied that there before trying to fix but it just needed to validate it and I was impatient lol.

For anyone reading this, if it doesn't appear starting up first time just wait.

I'm adding a window to indicate to the user this is happening . Thank you.

I hid a bunch of other messages because it was hijacking the thread and I couldn't even find the OP's last post.

• Upvote 1