New script 3.0 bug

Rick

If I select New Script from the context menu, then hit cancel a new script is created anyway with the name New script.lua. The actual file creation should be when we press OK not when we select the context menu New Script.

There is also something else screwed up in this area as I created a script and it showed up fine. Then I did this new script cancel and now one of my scripts don't show up anymore. Something in this area is just off.

It's not exactly a bug, it's the design. You'll notice the window that pops up says "Rename". So it creates the new file, then launches the rename dialog, assuming the user wants it to be called somehting other than "New Script (3)".

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

right click->new->script, leave it as the default name (by pressing cancel or OK with default name)

right click->new->script [name it Test]

I end up with no script named Test in the directory and have:

New script.lua

New script (1).lua

I guess the logic of making the script and then renaming is probably leading to this strange behavior. I would think the less confusing method and more straight forward logic (to avoid such bugs like this) would be to not actually make the script until they give it a name and then to validate that name doesn't exist.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...