Character physic problem Part 2 :

YouGroove

Well, i go that problem making a game and needing some BSP cube in the air, i was surprised the character to walk above it and walk on empty space also.

physicschar.jpg

My bug report goal is improve physics , make them ROCK SOLID smile.png

As stated in bug report rules :

• Include a complete description of the steps we need to follow to produce the problem. If images are needed to describe the error, upload them as an attachment in your forum thread.

This is what i have done the problem is detailled and can be reproduced using even Darkness Awaits project.

• If any files are necessary to produce the problem, add them as an attachment in your thread. If your report requires files to reproduce the problem, and you do not attach those files, it will be locked or ignored so that we can focus on those issues that do have complete reports.

Ok , the entire project directory is 130Mo, pretty big, so i'll just give the map file (8 mo ) and modified Player script.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/469703/Maps-zip.html

Steps to reproduce the bug :

- Create a new project

- copy barbarian model on your project models folder, make it using Physics Character, mass to 0.2.

- Download file in link above

- Dezip file and put

"start" Map file in your map project directory

"player.lua" on your Scripts folde

- Load the new "Start" map on your project

- place Barbarian on the scene , attach "player" script to it (it's original player script with Post Render method empty)

- compile project

- launch the game and just move the barbarian to the blue BSP cube to see the bug

(When the barbarian will be on top of cube, make it move slowly to see it walking above empty space until some limit)

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

• 9 months later...