Specular map response

YouGroove

Well the topic has been closed fastly, perhaps too fast.

The goblin material does not use the specular shader.

[*]The goblin material has a specular color of 0,0,0,0. There's not really any reason for this, so I changed it to 1,1,1,1, though it still uses the plain normal map material without specular reflection.

You can change this by setting the material's shader to diffuse+normal+specular.shader.

I'm aware of how to use shaders in Leadwerks 3.

I changed shader to normal+specular in dynamic folder , like on the screenshot i posted, you can see the specular map i used and having white color on some parts that will produce strong specular on that parts only.

specular_not_ok.jpg

When you use a specular map, no need to adjust it on "properties" panel caus the specular is defined by the texture not by a single value.

But even having specular texture and normal+specular shader and trying putting high value on shader in properties panel it don't works.

------------------

tjheldna :

I just tested your shader and result is not working.

Have you some model to test containing 3 textures ? (diff,normal map, specular map)

Stop toying and make games

I just tested, and it seems to work.

specular.jpg

specular is only the last number that make it appear and controll if it will be strong or not.

(255,255,255,128) in that case 128 will represent how maximum will shine specular, grey to full white when using 255 as value.

Even tested a mix of medium spec and full spec parts on texture and yes seems to work :)

Strange shader i thaught it would just take specular map and just uses it's values like

White = always max specular (255)

grey = always medium spec (128)

etc ...

Without needing to define the max specularity ourselves in properties panel.

(What will need the model viewer later will be a light we can rotate around character to better visualise the effect.)

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

• 3 weeks later...