Leadwerks 3: Loading Entities in-game and LoD

Aaron Symons

Hi guys!

I couldn’t find any class in Leadwerks 3 that applies to LoD so I created my own. I may have been loading the models incorrectly, but the game froze whilst doing so. Have I missed something or should I use threading for this? Also, on this note: will LoD be implemented in Leadwerks 3 any time soon?

Oh, also, I created a terrain and loaded it into a map scene via the editor. My little character falls through it. How do I got about setting it up properly as a collision mesh? Again, I’m probably missing something silly so please excuse me if I am! biggrin.png

Thanks guys!

Win7 64-bit | Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

There was recently (yesterday) an update which fixed character physics on terrain.

Regarding your model issue, you are much more likely to get useful advice if you attach the file in your post.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

For LOD, actually you can create your own system.

NO LOD : draw character or structure with alpha fading when player is near enought

That alpha fading simple solution is used a lot in Skyrim for example, and due to smooth fading, you even don't notice it playing the game.

LOD : load your two characters LOD models, and switch/display yourself models depending on distance.

Stop toying and make games