Terrain textures

Rick

So we don't use material files for terrain textures? If I select a material for a diffuse layer nothing happens, but if I select a .text or the original image (.png for example) then it works. Just want to make sure that's how it's supposed to be as everything else we use material files.

After the *.tex files have been generated, open the editor and right-click the *.tex version of the material, go to Generate Material and then choose Dynamic or Lightmapped. This will create a *.mat version of the material.

I’d suggest taking a good look around the dialog that opens as well, as there a fair few options available.

Hope this helps! :)

Win7 64-bit | Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Oh! Sorry!

I completely misread your question. This is in regards to creating terrains inside Leadwerks and all that, right? If so, I can’t help you there because I haven’t bought Leadwerks and updated yet (I will do soon!).

I was just too eager to offer some help! :P

Win7 64-bit | Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Yeah, I know how to do that, but it doesn't seem to me that terrain layers take mat files but tex files instead. If I select a mat file for the terrain nothing shows up for me. Just wondering if that's normal?

That's correct.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.