Lock editor scaling

MikeClarke

Ok this is going to be a somewhat weird request. I've been working on making another building in the editor and I figured as I come across issues that sharing them here is the best place to maybe "grow" the editor over time.

The levels I intend to make are hugely bsp based not just the base of the levels but 80% of them which will probably end up with a few thousand brushes so it's not a "small" facet of the development process I'll be going through.

I like how we can change the grid size by using the wheel of my mouse, but it only changes the viewport I'm in as opposed to 3 of them. It's somewhat strange that I keep going through 1 viewpoint (say Top) then go into the Left viewpoint and I'm in a completely different scale I keep needing to go from viewpoint A then back to B to change it to ensure they are the exact same.

I understand and appreciate the value of a quick method of changing the grid size, but the option somewhere to lock all 3 viewpoints so when you change 1 gridsize, you change them all would be very handy.

To help explain the type of situation. This is a (hopefully less confusing) process I'm currently doing.

I have a corridor, with half archways above, that come from a column to the left (connect to a building), each of these left columns is also linked by a full archway. Then above that I have a triangular to have a partial roof (picture attached)

As you can see the editor has a different scale in each viewpoint which makes things more complicated as it grows. I'm not suggesting to remove the additional system, but maybe the option to hold Ctrl whilst scaling to affect multiple view ports. Or a simpler in the "View" have a Grid 8x8, 4x4, 2x2 that would sync all of the grid sizes.

Sidenote - I know i have made a few suggestions and want to remind you I actually love the engine & the editors, just with a focus on workflow I came across a few bits that could make things easier over longterm development. Such as in bsp mapping having 2x,4x,8x allows for simpler scaling.

Whilst im making this note is there the option anywhere in this editor to "stretch to fit" a texture, or position it? As I move a brush and the texture re-positions etc.

http://i.imgur.com/f88gz7v.png

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith