Show Navigation and large csg

If I make my floor csg 80.25x63.75 the show navigation works just fine. If I increase to 80.25x64 the green show navigation doesn't show up anymore. Is there some kind of size limit for navigation that would cause this?

The green navmesh visual does't always show. I think this is because of the draw distance. I have tested with large objects that spanned 250 units and navmesh doesn't show up, but the pathfinding works.

What I did note, was the engine doesn't like large CSG objects. With or without navmesh turned on, the engine gets a serious frame drop. The largest area I used for my projects that didn't cause this frame drop is approx 80 - 90 units. Somewhat similar to what you have.

large csg objects have been an issue in engines for a v.long time, common practice was to break them down. No reason to abandon using them. Models etc take alot longer to produce than a csg construction so unless you are v.well versed (and fast) making them csg is the easier option for low budget developers who don't have a team of staff to do as there told.

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

• 3 weeks later...