Return of Full Lua games

YouGroove

Well LE3 last direction is core C++ for programmers.

Should not LE3 come back to :

"Make your own game using easy Lua script only" ?

I think like BSP to make general indoor level geometry , Lua is the other sthrengh like posted in another thread, it is already a game framework, and already code components.

This is a big advantage and strength or non core programmers.

I just hope it ill come back to the front of the scene (perhaps with Flowgraphs) ?

Stop toying and make games

How the hell is LUA already a game framework?.. or so called "already code components"

LUA is a scripting languge...

There is nothing stopping you using LUA script right now to make a full game.. but by the sounds of it that still isn't working for you. No matter how simple the syntax of LUA is compared to C++.. if you are going to use LUA as a coding language to make the full game with it you will have all the same problems that anyone coding a full game in C++ will have and I dare say a few more problems specific to LUA. LUA is not some magical thing that simplifies algorithms and automatically sets up your system.. At the end of the day you still have to go through the same steps as with any programming language.

I don't understand this trend of people thinking they should be able to create a game without coding / learning code. It makes no sense. It's like an architect drawing a building and thinking he doesn't need Engineering skills to actually build it. absurd..

At the end of the day the coding language is never the hard part of programming for games.. It's the algorithms and figuring out your game architecture and systems.. how they interact with each other etc.

It doesn't matter if you're using LUA, C++, C#, BMax, Obj C... it will still be flopping hard because programming is not about syntax or language (only 1% imo).. it's about problem solving... intense brick sweating, acid bleeding, blood, sweat and tears problem solving.

• Upvote 3

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

i am working on a game that works only with Lua and so far it works pretty well i think.

It is only a small game with many entities that have their own behavior in the object script.

As soon as i have a script that is truly plug and play and does not rely on other stuff i will try to release it.

For a bigger game i would for sure think more for C++ and probably only small in game stuff as Lua.

of course it would be nice to have auto completion and stuff like that in the script editor but that might be a feature for the future.

I like scarlet threads explanation, it clears up my confusion on Leadwerks 3. Some people give the impression that lua does not need to be learned, but it does like any other language unless someone writes a huge number of lua sripts to be modified and used "off the shelf".

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++