Question: Correctly exporting from UU3D

Rastar

Sorry noob question and not strictly Leadwerks related. I try to use UU3D to scale and rotate some models before importing them into LE. I have some problems with the UV coordinates, materials don't apply to the correct positions in the model editor after exporting the model from UU3D.

Now, I have that problem even if I just open my (fbx) model in UU3D and save it again. I know there are some UU3D experts out there, so: Do I have to choose specific export options? Am I missing a step? Please help, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry noob question and not strictly Leadwerks related. I try to use UU3D to scale and rotate some models before importing them into LE. I have some problems with the UV coordinates, materials don't apply to the correct positions in the model editor after exporting the model from UU3D.

Is your model using a shader combination of diffuse+normal+specular maps?

I downloaded the LE3 demo a while ago, and noticed that the barbarian model that comes with the Darkness Awaits demo

has some UV/texture corruption too. I can see this in both the Map Editor and Model Editor.

I assumed it's either a bug with the Editor or perhaps my older graphics card (only OpenGL 2.1) doesn't support the shaders being used.

Here's a screenshot of the demo running on my computer. Notice the UV/texture corruption on the face and shield.

le3screenshot1.png

To test my guess, I edited the barbarian.mat, and changed it to a diffuse only shader:

//shader="shaders\dynamic\diffuse+normal.shader"

shader="shaders\dynamic\diffuse.shader"

texture0=".\barbarian.tex"

//texture1=".\barbarian_dot3.tex"

//texture2=".\barbarian_spec.tex"

Ran the Editor again, and the UV/texture corruption went away. So, I would say something is happening

with the shaders being used and my graphics card. Nothing is wrong with your converted file.

This is the LE3 Demo from April, so I don't know if it's already been fixed or not.

Ultimate Unwrap 3D: http://www.unwrap3d.com