Tutorial - Blender for Leadwerkers (and other 3d buffs)

afecelis

This is important because people should liberate themselves from the limitations of UU3d when they are using Leadwerks. If you pay money for an animated model, you owe it to yourself to get the most out of that model. By learning just a little bit about blender you guys can stretch your investments further and further with the art packs that you purchase and even start making models of your own.

afecelis seems to really know his stuff, so even if you don't THINK you want to learn this, if he's making the videos for you, you might as well watch them, it might change your mind.

• Upvote 1

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

Thanks for the comments guys, they are very motivating! :D I'm about to upload the second video, and little by little I'll try to make them as leadwerks-specific as possible, making everything practical. I do have a UV mapping video planned aimed at creating props for leadwerks.

If you got any suggestions or inquiries with regard to what you'd like to see in blender please feel free to post them here. :D

regards,

Alvaro

ps. 31% of video02 uploaded!

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

03 - Viewmodes, views and customizing the UI:

have patience my friends! Consider these videos the basic training to use the tool! The fun part is just about to begin! Bwwwaaaahahahahahahahahahahah! :D

• Upvote 1

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

now we're cooking

even if they don't appreciate it now, someday they just might! xD

I get the feeling that the UV and armature videos will be more popular here.

• Upvote 1

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

Thanks guys. Yup, shortcuts in blender are heavily used, but they improve the modeling process a lot. You can still create stuff the usual way, through the menus, but believe me, once you learn the shortcuts your modeling skills and the modeling process will be vastly improved, hence me showing the 2 sides of the coin, but always emphasizing the use of shortcuts. In the next tutorials I'll be modeling stuff without stopping into so much detail, so it's essential you guys know what I'm doing in each step as I mention it.

I'm very glad you find the tuts useful, that's the fuel that moves most of us willing to share something.

regards,

Alvaro :D

In fact there's one for blender 2.5 that applies to 2.6:

http://www.blenderguru.com/wp-content/uploads/Exclusive/Blender_Cheat_Sheet.pdf

And funnily enough, they do exactly what you say, print them out and tape them on the wall to consult them! ;)

this one should also come in handy:

http://www.katsbits.com/files/blender/katsbits-blender-shortcut-chart.pdf

Cool! It was a nice surprise to see Gmax among your tools! :D I got very good memories from that package.

And yup, I'm sure many things may be easier to create in other programs but I want to cover as much land as possible here, in case a user ever requires such feature. I myself, feel a lot more comfortable working in blender than in any other 3d modeler nowadays, but I also mix working in it with other valuable 3d applications.

Thanks for commenting and for following the tuts so far :D

regards,

Alvaro

Terrain on blender and import it with Lightmap on LE3 can do good results i think smile.png

This is AWESOME to promote Blender.

It is complete from modeling ,UV, basic painting to animation, and first of all it's FREE.

Perhaps not easy to pick up, but once you have main keys it goes fast.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

I bought Modo 601/701 and will be using that to create my objects, characters and terrains. Thank you for these tutorials. I have bought several books about Blender in the past and STILL could not get the hang of the program. It just does not work the way I am used to with other 3D animation programs.

Mike

• Upvote 1

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com

Thanks for commenting Mike. For me it was the opposite way; after many years of having bought and working in 3ds max and trying out other programs, once I got the hang of Blender's workflow I never turned back to the others wink.png (and never paid Autodesk another yearly upgrade, which was killing me! lol).

regards, and I hope these tuts help you integrate Blender in your 3d pipeline better.

Alvaro