pathfinding

Rick

Is there a way to make bsp brushes invisible to render, so we may create basic boxes wrapping imported models and have a basic collision box for physics and pathfinding? (mmmmm, the caulk texture?)

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

The caulk texture will actually remove those faces, so you don't want to do that.

You can fit a physics box around a model in the physics properties. You can also build the shape with CSG brushes and save it as a PHY file. You can also generate a convex hull from the model file itself by right-clicking on it in the asset browser and selecting the menu item for this.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this thread, but... Is there anything special I have to do to activate pathfinding? I have imported models, generated a phy shape for them (or just used a boxes for some) and attached it to them. But whenever I activate "View->Show Navigation" there is no navigation mesh visible. I tried checking the "Navigation obstacle" flag on the objects, but to no avail.

Oh, and by the way: There is a new numeric "Character" input box below "Collision type" that I can't find in the docs - what is that?

Are you models big enough? The thing with the navmesh is that you have to basically adhere to a certain scale. Test it out with some CSG. Just keep making it bigger and smaller with show nav on and you'll see if automatically make it, and you'll see that if the "floor" is too small the navmesh won't be created.