Problems compiling LE 3 C++ code using MS VS 2010

neseir

Hi

When compiling a new C++ project created from the Leadwerks 3.0 Editor I get a message that the leadwerks.h file tries to include dirent.win32.h which it cannot find. Searching for this file confirmes that I do not have it installed. Changing the entry #include "dirent.win32.h" on line 190 in the leadwerks.h header file to #include "extra\dirent.h" which I presume does the same works ok but is this the proper way to solve this or should I install/refer to other components that the LE 3 engine depends on ?

Regards

Eirik

Guest Red Ocktober

i dunno about correct or incorrect, but... i think that the the include directory settings should contain references for those folders...

--Mike

Hi

This is the included folders :

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\packages\thirdParty\pthreads.2"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\freetype-2.4.7\include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\OpenAL\include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\packages\dMath"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\packages\dContainers"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\packages\dCustomJoints"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\coreLibrary_300\source\openCL"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\coreLibrary_300\source\core"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\coreLibrary_300\source\meshUtil"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\coreLibrary_300\source\physics"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\RecastNavigation\RecastDemo\Include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\RecastNavigation\DetourCrowd\Include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\RecastNavigation\DetourTileCache\Include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\RecastNavigation\DebugUtils\Include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\RecastNavigation\Recast\Include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\HACD\src\HACD_Lib\inc"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\NewtonDynamics\coreLibrary_300\source\newton"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\RecastNavigation\Detour\Include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\tolua++-1.0.93\include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\LuaJIT-1.1.6\dynasm"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries/lua-5.1.4"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries/glew-1.6.0/include/GL"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\glew-1.6.0\include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\enet-1.3.1\include"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\zlib-1.2.5"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source"

/I"C:/Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries\freetype-2.4.3\include"

I can't find any referance to the extra folder and only two headerfiles named win32.xxxxxxx.h (opengl and window). The dirent.h should be named win32.dirent.h if available as the leadwerks.h header files tries to include (if the extra folder was also added to the include path) or using the dirent.h name if the \Leadwerks\Engine\Source\extra should be used.

BR

Eirik

Older versions of the software required some manually copied files, but the current version will compile out-of-the-box with Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2010 Express.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi Josh

Tested now with a not modified leadwerks.h file (fresh update of Leadwerks). Using VS 2010 (Professional edition) I still get this :

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: CTest, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Build started 08.04.2013 20:16:19.

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(299,5): warning MSB8004: Output Directory does not end with a trailing slash. This build instance will add the slash as it is required to allow proper evaluation of the Output Directory.

1>InitializeBuildStatus:

1> Creating "Debug\CTest.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.

1>ClCompile:

1> main.cpp

1>C:\Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Leadwerks.h(190): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.win32.h': No such file or directory

1> App.cpp

1>C:\Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Leadwerks.h(190): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.win32.h': No such file or directory

1> Generating Code...

1>

1>Build FAILED.

BR

Eirik