smoothing issue

afecelis

Hi guys,

I exported a model from blender as fbx with all its meshes set as "flat" yet when I load it as an mdl into the editor I'm having smoothing issues, is there a way to fix or prevent this?

smoothing.jpg

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

This is really an issue with your model editor. Leadwerks just loads whatever normals are stored in the file. However, you can open the file in the built-in model editor tool and recalculate normals, then just save the file. Yes, we thought of almost everything. wink.png

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

lol, I'll try that out, thanks for the prompt responses guys. ;)

I'm really amazed by seeing how things get converted in real time by just dragging them into the project's folders! How you achieved that? Hell I dunno! But it sure is handy... and impressive! lol, night everyone.

ps. Josh when you mention normals, do you mean flipping normals? Or do normals also have to do with smoothing groups?

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

Holy smokes! it worked! :D It didn't update the model I had in the editor though, but it was just a matter of deleting the old one and inserting the newly-saved one. Now to dig some glass shaders! To the batmobile!

smoothing_01.jpg

• Upvote 1