Ultra 1-day scene/level design

Alienhead

I wanted to test out the new rendering platform in Ultra 0.9.5 so I converted some older media from a past Leadwerks project and went to town. 

Approximate time spent from ground up was about 9 hours give or take 5 hours.  ( :

Here's a sample of the level in the fabulous Ultra Engine 0.9.5.  I was going to pass out a compiled demo so anyone could run the scene themselves but alas, I haven't 100% digested the packaging process on new compiles just yet - so that'll have to wait.

This is a 6 block downtown area with plenty of small details in it that probably aren't noticeable by these screenshots. If you were wondering if Ultra has the horsepower for your project then coming from a indie developer myself - I can honestly say what I have experienced in just a short time is mind blowing.  Ultra took all this geometry, 2-4k pbr materials, 2-4k screen resolution with easy! I still feel I have tons of room to keep going.  Keep in mind too that I haven't yet - LOD'ed or set up custom culling or any other optimization that one might expect nor is there any post-processing or fog and lighting setup either so the level of quality only improves from here .

Ultra just kept blowing through everything I tossed at it. This is really a testament to Josh and his ingenuity that is known as UltraEngine.

In closing I wish to give the Itchio game jammers that I compete against all time a word of warning: Alienhead is on his way back and he's got a new weapon! muhaha. :)

port1.thumb.jpg.10c14e0bfe4b4cebf2ba8c757a7d51d3.jpg  port2.thumb.jpg.95db294995974cc0f6e1e46bc87509ab.jpg  port3.thumb.jpg.ddca80177c01324f18788ddaded076ee.jpg  port4.thumb.jpg.800b58c0a2d0757ea921d44460a45efa.jpg

I'll continue to work on getting a packed demo ready and post it here when completed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1