(UrgentIssue) Materials cannot be set

Slastraf

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

https://discord.com/channels/1175951843118031049/1175951843612954786/1215067730190016562
https://discord.com/channels/1175951843118031049/1175951843612954786/1215065397967982633

(videos and models)

When I drag and drop a material onto a custom model it will not be applied.
Please add a material set option in the scene view for meshes, or fix the issue, this is highly frustrating for me. Thank you

• Solution

I can't view those links without signing into Discord in the browser.

Are you dragging the material into a viewport in the main window, or in the asset editor?

You can assign a material in the asset editor interface by selecting the mesh, then below that there is a drop-down box you can use to browse for a material file.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

There's a good reason for this. If you apply a material to a mesh, all instances of that mesh will receive the material.

There is no mechanism in the scene file format that saves mesh materials. If there was, then maps would not get updated if you changed the material of the original model.

I might consider adding a per-entity material override in the future, but for now it is working as intended.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.