Indicator which Project is currently open in the editor

klepto2

If you have many projects it is hard to see which project is currently open in the editor.

I would suggest to add the current Project name to the Titlebar like VisualStudio, or in the statusbar.

• Upvote 2
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

49 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

You only see it when you click on the project tab.  The title bar seems the best place for it because it's always visible and most other software's have that too.

I fully agree with that. 

• Haha 1
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

There is one other complication, and I'm not sure how to address it...

The editor lets you open a map outside the current project. So, you are in effect working with a map outside the current project (the title bar shows this).

I can see where this might be useful if you want to reuse a map from a different project. But, I would think it be better to put the editor in a read-only mode and only allow the import of the external map into the current project, perhaps allowing for the option to provide a new map name.

It just seems disjointed to be officially working from a project perspective, but allowing the editing of a map outside that project and I'm not sure what it might mess with at the project level. If nothing else its could be confusing unless you explicitly limit the user and only allow them to import the map into the current project.  Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

I don't know if that's necessarily a problem. Your project is where the content gets loaded from. The map file is just a bunch of relative paths to external content, for the most part.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.