Override Brush-Texels per meter on Object creation

klepto2

I already made a request regarding an option to add Material uv-scales. But this time i would like to ask for an option to alter the default texel per meter settings on object creation. 

It could be an absolute value (but this might be a bit confusing for some people) 

or a multiplier value.  Currently if i need different  scales i first need to modify the texel value in the option, add the object and reset the value in the options. 

Another Request is to edit this on the brush (Object) on the fly. After editing it, the uv coords could be recalculated and stored. 

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

Do you mean have a parameter in the object creation parameters for the UV scale, like how the cylinders have a parameter for the number of sides?

Modifying the UV scale of a brush is normally done through the face properties. Is that not suitable for what you are describing?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

yes, thats what I meant. while the face tool is great to adjust this later. I think, that some properties should be exposed to the initial object creation. 

Lets assume i want to outline walls and i know that the material needs a scale of 3.0, then i don't want to switch between the tools,

but want to create the walls with the correct uv scales immediatly. 

Regarding my other request with the uv scale stored in the material. Maybe this can be used to do something like here:

https://docs.polyhaven.com/en/guides/blender-addon  see the section about texture controls.

Maybe a default scale of 1.0,1.0 should be stored with each material, but it can be overridden. Now, if it is overridden and a face has a material assigned, you could add something like fix material scale and the uvscale is updated to the one stored in the material.

• 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620

Just to post a small sample to show you what i mean:

brick_wall.zip

image.thumb.png.370e9f96c68736767475883a6501096b.png

the left and right wall are both painted with the brick_wall material. The texture data contains the info, that the texture is 4000 millimeters (4m) wide.

the left is with scaling of 1.0 and the left is scaled to 0.25 ( 1.0m / 4.0m) to maintain the desired mapping ratio.

It would be nice to have something to store this factor in one way or the other. the easiest would be to store it directly in the material, then the normal workflow is not disturbed as the scale is already applied in the shader and the user just need to modify the face if it is really needed. (from the shader sources i can see, that uv scale is already reserved in the material struct, but not used and there is no way to set or get it.

• 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620