Networking Support for LUA?

JetBrains

I wanted to hold off on this before making a final decision, but here is what I have found:

• The basic Enet networking in Leadwerks is no longer needed for the Lua debugger, and it's pretty much useless for modern networking, so it did not get included in Ultra. You could use it to make a relay server, but anyone capable of building and running that could easily just use Enet without my help.
  • Although Valve has an open-source P2P networking system that looks very interesting, it has some pretty complicated additional requirements that I think are out of reach for most developers, and not something I want to invest in heavily when a working version is already built into Steam.
  • I plan to add support for the Steamworks P2P networking system and lobby system into the engine proper, in the standard and pro versions, where it can be accessed with both C++ and Lua. The project will use delayed DLL loading so the Steamworks DLL does not have to be included in projects that do not need it. 

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.