Fix Windows high disk usage

Josh

From this link:

I noticed that my OS HDD would sit at 100% use for no apparent reason. EDIT: For roughly 20 minutes after boot. I looked into this and found that Microsoft has a program that is set to run at start-up (most, if not all of the time) called Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser.
This program collects and sends usage data to Microsoft if you have consented to participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, yet it is still set to run even when you are opted out. The program can be disabled through Windows Task Scheduler (Start - Run - taskschd.msc). Navigate through Task Scedule Library - Microsoft - Windows - Application Experience and disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Also do this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42662444/how-to-disable-perfwatson2-exe-from-visual-studio

From the help menu, select Privacy > Privacy Settings

In the Visual Studio Experience Improvement Program dialog, select No, I would not like to participate.

• Like 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.