Ultra Request List

Alienhead

There's probably a few of these floating around already but I decided to start an official Request List while Ultra is still under development.  Hopefully this will centralize the requests into one location making it easier on Josh to find them.

Feel free to add to this list there's no hi-jacking restrictions here. :) 

My request may seem simple, but it holds great impact on developing commercial and non-commercial 'components'.

I would like to see the ability to add hint ( multi line ) text into the json for mouseover in the editor.  Most of the time the description alone will not relay to the designer what the value stands for. Mousing over the component and displaying a hint box of single/multi line text would be very very helpful.

{
    "component":
    {
        "properties":
        [
            {
                "name": "jumpstrength",
                "label": "Jump Strength",
                "value": 8.0
                "hint": "How high the player will jump. | Higher values will result in greater altitude per jump sequence." -- this is the hint  line.  '|' would be a divider for newline.
                "link:" https://alienhead.x10.mx/" -- this is an optional external link
            },
            {
                "name": walkspeed
                "label": "Walk Strength
                "value": 5.0
            },
            {
                "name": runspeed
                "label": "Run Strength",
                "value": 8.0
            },
            {
                "name": "lockcameraangle",
                "label": "Lock Camera Angle",
                "value": false
            }

]
    }
}

Ability for dropdown box selection in a components value box. 

Example: 

A third person controller script may want to know what type of third person controller is to be used -

• Singled handed melee
  • Dual handed melee
  • Single handed pistol
  • Dual handed pistols
  • Hand to hand attack

etc..etc.

Next would be some work done to the UUID's.  A way to drag an object to a script value to hold it's UUID so that it can be identify in-game by the script and treated as an object. This would work for weapons, and everything else.

A file-selector in a component value box for selecting stuff like, enities, sounds or anything else the component might need.

Further more the last line on each entry could be an hyper-text link to an external website, this could be used for additional help on the plugin or just the single entry itself.  I'm currently creating an all-in-one 3rd person controller and even myself, the developer, is getting lost in what my values are representing, I'm having to go back in code to see what the value is being used for. The hint line would fix that so much, plus the external link could point to a short video tutorial on the controller itself or just for that value.

• 4 weeks later...

Also while I reopened this thread, I really need some advice here. Let's say for practice I'm trying to download a model from sketchfab ( for the sake of argument let's say this character https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/character-for-university-game-project-5751d328d0294242b882219d598e4c6b ).  What is my pipeline for getting this model into mixamo, download a single animation sequence then getting that sequence back into Ultra.  I've been at this for two straight days with zero luck, I'm feeling very counter-productive and I can't stay that way hehe.