No Materials management tools in the Terrain Panel

Thirsty Panther

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

You must select a terrain before its properties will appear. :D

Slight difference from Leadwerks. You can have multiple terrains, and they can be positioned around like any other entity.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Solution

Okay, this points to a design issue in the workflow that is a little awkward.

During testing we found it was very easy to accidentally create objects, especially in the 3D viewport. One of the solutions to this was that brushes don't start drawing until you mouse has travelled some distance when you hold the button down and drag.

For the face, vertex, and terrain mouse tools I disabled object creation entirely. The last thing you want is to accidentally create an extra terrain when you are sculpting.

I think there probably needs to be an extra step n the object creation process where you have to press enter or right-click and select a "Create" menu item from a popup menu before an object will be created. Then all the mouse tools could support object creation without problems.

For now, create your terrain first, then switch to the terrain mouse tool and start editing.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.