How to use the current UltraEngine

awgsknite

Go to solution Solved by Dominic900,

How can we use the current version of UltraEngine as described in the release notes post ?

I'd like to start right away to make a game with it.

Do we have to subscribe somewhere ?

If we buy the UltraEngine pre-order or the UltarEngine Steam pre-order will we be able to use it right away ?

I have not found the answer to these questions anywhere so that's why I'm asking.

• Solution

Hello awgsknite,

If you preorder either version of ultra engine you will have to wait until release date (don't know when release will happen as of yet) not sure of a subscription as that will be phased out as Josh or his company is starting to do lifetime (non expiring version.) to be released soon.

I hope this helps answer your question.

11 minutes ago, awgsknite said:

oh so your saying these preorders are only for a one year license and that they expire ?

No the pre-orders are lifetime purchase. They do not expire. 

Ultra engine will be updated (small updates/patches to fix things) Major versions will be released every 2 to 3 years according to what Josh said awhile back.

and there is no way of subscribing monthly now yet there are people using the current UltraEngine. He must have just got a rid of the subscription plan but why ? or am I missing something here on how to subscribe monthly ? I thought it was in the store part of this website but it's not there any more. Seems it just got erased this month

To justify a change in the licensing model the subscription would have had to reach certain levels during the early access phase. It did not come close, so it is clear the licensing model should not be changed.

the above poster is correct except I plan on updates more frequent than that, probably more like every 12-18 months depending  on what the new features are

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

To justify a change in the licensing model the subscription would have had to reach certain levels during the early access phase. It did not come close, so it is clear the licensing model should not be changed.

the above poster is correct except I plan on updates more frequent than that, probably more like every 12-18 months depending  on what the new features are

Thanks for clearing that up !