LVL99 ​​​​​$100,000.00 Jam

Alienhead

$100,000.00 LVL99 Jam

6 days, LV99's 23rd annual game jam - $100,000.00USD cash prize. teams forming!
Has anyone here ever entered this jam in the past?  it's ranked No 4 jam on itchio's hosted jam's but I've never heard of it before... Odd.

One of the hosts is a sub-stock holder in Nintendo so I assume it's on the up and up.  Just odd I've never heard of it before and I've been frequenting itchio for a decade.

• Like 1

• Alienhead changed the title to LVL99 ​​​​​$100,000.00 Jam
  • 2 weeks later...

2 days and 3 hours remaining!  I've been working my title entry day and night the passed 7 days,  they really picked a hard theme to do a game jam on in 10 days. 

Anyways, I haven't done water based gameplay with physics in LE before, so it's been an experience for me to say the least.  I'm still not sure rather or not I'll get the remaining elements complete in the next 2 days, but I'm trying! :)

The jam theme is aquatic, and having to do with holding ones breath for extended periods of time so I figured why not toss out 15 miles of beach head and add a snorkaling character to the picture.  It's not all fun and games though, theres sharks and jelly fish to contend with.  I'll post more and a download link over the next few days as I get the entry ready for submission, if I get it ready that is hehe. 

Sneak peek!

ss1.thumb.jpg.2cc4bcea5628ed04d82619940f712a8b.jpg

ss3.jpg

• Like 5

It's getting close to submission time guys!  I actually think I'll make it..  Here's a view of the final rendering build.. I'm done tweaking and optimizing.. Will post a download link around 11pm tomorrow, when submissions are accepted.  the aquatic theme they had us do really swallowed up most of the dev time.  Water scenes and gameplay are probably the hardest to do.. At least to me they are .

ocean.jpg

• Like 2

Whoa, I was cutting it close, and not by choice. :)
Anyways, I got submitted with about 4 hours to spare.

Download game, info and more media on itch's  -  Weekend at Keke's  - https://abinary.life/temp/WeekendKeke_abl_build_0910.zip
More info, screens and videos here - https://abinarylife.itch.io/kekes

I think I'm going to bed for a few days now.. cya ! 

I leave you with my favorite screenshot,  it was early morning, I was out snorkaling and gathering some shells, not paying much attention to what was happening around me when the threat music kicked on and I looked up and saw a baby shark trying to work his way through the wooden pier to make breakfast of me!

ss8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

How did you do, looks amazing by the way.  So hope I can manage to learn to make games to this quality!

Dream since child of making games! From Game Programming Starter Kit 3.0, Blitz Basic, Map Creation since Duke 3D, Game Maker, Blitz3D (of recent..2023) and many other engines and years..... never really sticking to it with inner struggles that I've had to fight along with pushing to learn and acheive.

40 years old.. came across Leadwerks on Steam... Learning slowly but surely and loving it!

Learn with me or just watch me fail! at my random Youtube Channel, as I stream adhoc while learning and using LeadWerks and other game creating tools.

https://www.youtube.com/@wazmeister3151/featured