Release Notes

Josh

• Added "Extract Animation" tool in model editor.
  • Added "Remove Animation" tool in model editor.
  • Fixed dead spot in menus.
  • Like 3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Added Load Animation menu item in model editor.
  • Preview app updated to load version 302 model files.
  • Like 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Added grid snap setting in viewport options
  • Dashed line being used in some places (requires shader update)
  • Size labels are now shown in the draw box tool
  • Haha 1

• Selection size labels now shown with most mouse tools.
  • An outline of the selection will be shown with most mouse tools.
  • Scale mouse tool viewport refreshing adjusted a little bit.
  • Like 1

• Toolbar will now hide overlapping buttons.
  • Toolbar buttons are higher contrast now.
  • Reversed the order of the viewport layout toolbar buttons because it feels more intuitive to me to have the default setting first.
  • Like 1

• Changed the order of the right-hand toolbar buttons.
  • Finished the translate gizmo.

image.thumb.png.d701acc6fe8ac39df81050b3518817ee.png

• Like 4

• Added collider offset, rotation, and size parameters in model editor properties.
  • Like 3

• Add mesh layer file requester now accepts multiple files, so you can select a folder of models and it will create a new mesh layer with a variation for each model.
  • Fixed compatibility with some DDS files.
  • Mesh layers are now compatible with effects like SSAO.
  • Like 3

• Adjusted mesh layer instances alignment to terrain, it's very precise now. May not match physics exactly until I adjust that.
  • Like 2

• Terrain LOD issue fixed.
  • Terrain meshlayers member is now public in C++ lib.
  • Like 2

• Fixed player collision on terrain mesh layers loaded from a map.
  • Some fixes to navmeshes in editor.
  • Like 2

• Fixed bug where removing an entity component still saved it in the scene.
  • Like 1

• Fixed bug when saving animated models with out-of-order bones IDs.
  • Fixed bug where animation controls could crash editor if extract animation window had not been opened yet.
  • Like 2

• Mesh layer rotate-to-normal alignment now works correctly with player physics.
  • I had to change the way mesh layer noise data is stored. If you have an existing map and the mesh layers look warped, change the seed value for the mesh layer, then change it back. This will trigger regeneration of the data.
  • Like 2

• In previous builds of the editor, some post-processing effects were continuously allocating new FBOs each frame. I did not see any VRAM memory leak, but creating and deleting textures each frame is not optimal. This change may result in better responsiveness in the editor.
  • Like 2

• Fixed bug in mesh colliders that inverted all the polygons.
  • To add entities to the flowgraph, drag them from the scene tree.
  • Other bug fixes.
  • Like 5

• Added a timer so the Steam callbacks function gets called periodically when the application is idle.
  • Double-clicking an entity in the scene browser now navigates the viewports to that object.
  • Like 4

• Added "Hdri to PBR" tool. See Script > Utilities > Hdri To PBR in the main menu.
  • QTangents calculation is improved, so some organic shapes will have better normals.
  • Added HDR auto-exposure post-processing effect.
  • Terrain texture size restrictions are removed, now using bindless textures instead of texture array.
  • Like 2

• Shader update to fix terrain error on Nvidia cards.
  • Like 2

• HDRI to PBR tool now supports EXR files as inputs.
  • Like 2

• HDRI to PBR tool now performs color space conversion so images will look more like you would expect them to.
  • Added Pixmap methods sRgbToLinear and LinearTosRgb.
  • Like 2

• Added cubemap IBL sampler. See Scripts > Utilities > Cubemap to PBR in the main menu.
  • Like 1