Long Lag when entering area in Darkness Awaits.

FIXED: gfx driver issue

Consistent Lag greater than 5 seconds, sometimes much more in DA after passing through the gates (screenshot attached)

This happened in the original Eval and the one uploaded toady

Cheers

EDIT: same issue happens when walking near the cart at the start of the level. Will lag for a couple of seconds and repeated entry results in longer lag spikes or lockout. If the movement keys are held down through the lag then player will fly through the air to catch up

post-1227-0-10103000-1362372524_thumb.png

The Lua garbage collector can cause lag in the debug build, but five seconds is far too great. There's two ways you can deal with it. Either call collectgarbege(collect) each loop in your script, and get a slower overall framerate, or just let Lua do it automatically, and get occasional spikes like that. The release build is compiled with LuaJIT, which makes it a lot faster. The debug build is compiled with plain interpreted Lua.

http://pgl.yoyo.org/luai/i/collectgarbage

If you're running the debug build (F5 instead of F6) everything will execute slower because the program is constantly evaluating its own code.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Guest Red Ocktober

no such occurrences noted in the eval build when running DA on the low end pc i got here...

--Mike

Ok it was a gfx driver conflict. I wasn't running the debug build but and the lag would only occur in certain areas. It's all good now and it running very smooth, and I thought it was running fast before (not including lag.) Gfx card is also very low end