LE 3 assets going crazy :

YouGroove

When i start LE 3 , it displays the Assets from the previous project ? could it show no assets at all or propose to pcik up all assets (3D models, scripts, textures etc ... ) from some location ?

So after update, i re loaded the game project "Darkness Awaits", but the Assets explorer keep displaying assets from some other "Test" project located in a totally different folder and contains not the same assets ?

What is wrong with PRojects and their assets locations and management ?

The project Manager Tool shows project and directories all is ok even Assets, but the editor , even when lauching keeps loading Assets folders of old project :(

Enought LE3 for now, enougth beta testing :)

Stop toying and make games

Just found teh solution,

But really this just can make people going crazy when non logic stuff like that happens :(

So after lauching LE 3 editor :

- Launch project Manager : select "Darkness Awaits"

then the editor will pick up all directories assets from the game

Because loading "Darkness Awaits" map, don't make some switch to the good Assets folder.

Like thre is no link between a map and Assets location.

Should not be changed and be dependent ?

But at least , LE3 should avoid loading of assets of a project selected in the project manager, when no map is loaded or when you begin a new map.

That's very confusing for any user :

If you laucnh project manager and that the game is selected, you'll have it's assets on assets panel.

Now if you create a new project, the project manager will copythe visible assets on the panel for your new project :(

That's really confusing when you start a new project, your new project will be createdwith Assets displayed on assets panel :(

If it points to the game the project managre will copy all assets to your new project.

IF it points to another location, you will have totally different assets.

That's super confusing, not trivial , not clear on what assets are taken/copied to a new project.

The Project managre should propose to pick up some assets location to clear things up.

@Carnadian :

The problem is that if you don't kno you have to switch in the project manager you'll find same problems as i found.

Why a map is not linked to a project sad.png

And just can say it's so much confusing.

You create a new project on Unity, any location, your assets are empty : it' s LOGIC

At creation Unit ypropose you to import standard assets to dupliacte them in your project : IT's super clear smile.png

Even during game creation : you can again choose to import Unity 3D packages containing assets like "Sky textures, trees, models" directories,

lot more LOGIC again.

With LE 3 , you want to use the game assets :

-Select the game project in project manager

-Choose create a new project

Do you find that super logic ? or trivial.

I talk in some new comer experience, that's not clear at all as ressources selection.

You must select a project before loading a map if you switch on projects.

The editor don't tell you anything :(

And if you don't know or forget, that don't work.

c 'mon let's do like Unity , let's evolve the editor to alert the user or load the project binded to a map you would load.

And let's the Project Manager propose a location of the assets that will be copied in your new project.

Re testing.

It seems any new project will have some default scripts and materials but not all folders of the game.

no barbarian or goblins.

So the minimum should i select previously the game or not ?

So perhas any new project have always the same deault assets ?

I didn't find any information on documentation , but it seems to work like that finally.

That's ok for me.

But well the possibility ot load a map and not be in the correct project can be problematic.

When you open a map, it should select the current project directory's "Maps" folder by default. So you would have to navigate to another project's directory, go into its "Maps" folder, and choose a map, to get it wrong.

--EDIT--

Hmmmm, you're right, it chooses the old maps folder. I'm fixing that so it selects the current project maps folder...

Thanks.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.