_beginthreadex not recognized?

Josh

I found out about the CreateThread mem leak and am switching the code to use _beginthreadex instead. However, the function is not recognized in Visual Studio. I do have the code generation set to multi-threaded. Does anyone know why this would still be happening?

post-1-0-20326600-1358926945_thumb.png

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I would use pthreads, because it's cross-platform. It's built-in in mingw64, but for VisualStudio it's a seperate download: http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32/

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

It already uses pthreads for everything but Windows. What do they do, make a wrapper around the Windows thread functions?

On Windows, you have three thread creation functions:

• CreateThread
  • _beginthread
  • _beginthreadex

And I guess the first two produce memory leaks with C++. ohmy.png Fortunately, you can slip _beginthreadex in easily and if you designed your threads around CreateThread, it still works the same. rolleyes.gif

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.