How To add new model in leadwerk editer ?

witawat

This is indeed the best guide to using Leadwerks I know. Serves as a great introduction and a handy reference for the future.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Lets say your model is a crate called crate01 and you have converted it to gmf format. Place the model in a subfolder inside your models folder and call the subfloder "crates".Then rename your model "crates_crate01" and it will appear in the right side panel in the editor.From there you can drag it onto your scene.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

• 4 weeks later...

May be commenting a month later ...,

But Even if we get the model in the leadwerk edit, there is no propery, we can not assign any material.

1)I am exporting from 3dsmax -> .3ds format -> 3ds2gmf.exe -> .gmf format.

2) Copy the gmf in model directory (this bring the model in editor)

3) make an instance and right click for propery, here the property window is empty???

yes, that works perfectly. Thank you.

Also any way to try different material for different .gmf in "model viewer"?

Anyways for any one else, whos is too lazy to read fully the user guide (a copy-paste fom user-guide):

1) Double click on the reference object in the hierarchy (not its instances that are placed in the scene) in the editor.

2) The Lua script editor will open. Place this code in the Lua file and press save.

require("scripts/class")
local class=CreateClass(...)

Yes, you are right. It certainly is a good guide with all the small details for beginers. Thanks to Aggror for it.

Not just lazyness, but also that, so many 3d engines, so many ways of doing things .... :-). Just need to settle out things.

But is there any way to "see / change / set" Materials for a .gmf in "Model Viewer", i.e. before exporting it to editor.

I hope you noted my smiley after 'lazy'.

Anyway I also have been into trying to master several engines and have found out that its just a big waste of time. Much better to decide which one to go with and keep up with that one. No matter which one, they all has their cons and pros. Of course the best choice is Leadwerks :)

Here is how to go with what you are asking about (at least to my knowledge)

Make your model and convert it to GMF using either one of the converter tools in the folder Tools or even better use UU3D.

You will get a default material with same name as the color texture used in your model. UU3D will make the material for you else you have to make it your self using the MaterialEditor. Convert all textures used to DDS using the MakeDDS tool. If you have done things right your GMF should show up in the ModelViewer or Editor with the texture applied. If you want another material for the model, just make another one using the MaterialEditor and save it (you can name it anything you want). In the Editor double click on the model in the Object Tree to the right and the Script Edtor

will show up. Add following lines

require("scripts/class")
local class=CreateClass(...)

and the save. If you now double click on your object in the scene a Properties Dialog will show up. In that dialog under the tab Appearance you can select your new material file.

Hope this helped you.

AV MX Linux

So, It is not possible to change material for individual surfaces, without programing.

Well, back to coding (c/c++ for me). Maybe I can do some Lua Stuff and make it happen in Editor itself!

Thanks,

@ChrisMAN : Thanks for the info.