arteria base character

cassius

I am thinking of buying this base character from arteria 3d but would like to ask anyone who has done so Is it easy to handle and convert to gmf.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I have had no issues converting Steve's characters using UU3D but have not tried any other converters.

With these models though, they come ready assembled with every item enabled on the model. Each optional item has its own group which can be selected or deselected as you wish prior to exporting but I'm not sure how you would switch these in code if need be (i.e. hide or show individual items) as I'm not sure how they end up being referenced in the gmf model (if indeed they are).

You may need to re-assign the textures to the models material groups before exporting.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

They are nice, but I found it pretty tedious of a job to get the character gear I wanted. You sort of had to use the naming convention of all these groups to get like "clothes" for the model. I'm not sure if he could have done some type of parent/child groupings by clothing sets, but that would have made it easier I think for that task. The other issue I find is the model is massive because he has all these inside the group.

I never tried the whole separate body part models and joining them in code. At a high level I would assume it would just work, but you probably get some clipping or whatever which is where the "stitching" idea comes into play, which I've never looked at doing or know how to.