Normal Maps Baked In Blender Are Inverted

Pancakes

Hello, anyone know which settings to push in order to bake a normal map in blender so that it reads properly in LE?

I usually bake in 3dCoat, but I want to start using blender for normal maps.

Right now my settings are : Best Quality, Tangent Space, Automatic

thanks

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

The fact that you can afford 3D-Coat makes you more pro then me and therefore I cannot help. Actually I can't, never done any baking in blender.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

What version do you use? I don't see any "Best Quality" option while baking. Anyway, bake mode should obviously be "Normals", Normal Space should be Tangent and Edge splitting doesn't matter too much. Make sure you tick selected to active and select the high poly version first and then the low poly model. Using 2.6 with those settings works perfectly fine for me.

• 2 months later...

i don't know how well this will help because i have not done it yet, but what i assume you will do is bake it in blender and then apply it to your model and once you have applied it, export it as an obj. the obj comes with an MTL files and once you convert the mtl to Make DDS and then you can import it onto your model in leadwerks.

at least that's how i think it would work.